Types of repair & response times
The Association sets the following response times to complete your repairs:
Attendance within 4 hours of reporting the emergency.
An emergency repair can be any of the following:
- A leak of water that cannot be contained, resulting in damage to the building fabric.
- A leak of waste water or sewage.
- A blocked toilet or drain.
- Faulty electric sockets or wiring.
- Faulty smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector.
- No central heating or hot water.
Attendance within 24 hours of reporting the urgent repair.
An urgent repair can be any of the following:
- A lock change
- Drainage issues
- No heating or hot water
- Door entry problems
Attendance within 10 working days from reporting the repairs request.
Routine repairs are all those that are not classed as Emergency or Urgent.
During 2017/18 we achieved 96.68% of all emergency repairs on time
87.17% of all repairs on time
81.47% of repairs were completed right first time.