Paying your rent

We charge rent weekly in advance. You can pay your rent weekly, fortnightly or monthly but you must pay in full and on time. 

You can pay by either:

  • Direct Debit
  • At any Post Office or Paypoint. You will need your Ochil View “swipe card” to do this.  Click here to find your nearest paypoint 
  • Sending a cheque to our office
  • By debit or credit card over the phone to our office
  • Online, through our payments agent
  • At our office (but we’d prefer that you used one of the other ways to pay)
  • By telephone. Call the 24 hour automated system on: 0844 557 8321 and have your card to hand. You will be guided through the process
  • By post if you send a cheque or postal order – never send cash through the post

We will arrange for a new "Swipe card" to be sent to you at the start of your tenancy. 

Ochil View’s Tenancy Sustainment Team aims to help our tenants to maximise their income and identify entitlement to benefits. Advice is given on all kinds of benefits including:
• Universal Credit / Income-related Benefits
• Scottish Welfare Fund
• Tax Credits
• Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
• Pension Credit
• Personal Independence Payment / Disability Living Allowance
• Attendance Allowance.
The Tenancy Sustainment Team can also carry out a full benefit check, which will include identifying any other benefits you may be entitled to.  They will also assist with completing the relevant forms and any associated paperwork. Should your application be unsuccessful they can also give help and assistance to appeal.
Ochil View’s Tenancy Sustainment Service is Free, Confidential, Impartial and available to all Ochil View Housing Association Tenants.
If you have difficulty paying your rent, you should let us know immediately. We can give advice and information that can help you to keep out of debt and we can negotiate an affordable payment plan to catch up on any overdue rent.  This may include an onward referral.

 If you do not contact us or if you do not keep to agreements that you make, we will take action.  This will include legal action to end your tenancy, evict you and recover unpaid rent.  If your financial situation is not manageable then we would recommend that you get advice and help. You can get free advice from Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) or the National Debtline.


Linked documents


External links