Paying Your Rent

This page includes details of your rent, how you can pay your rent, information about rent increases, help if you are having difficulty paying your rent and information about housing benefit and Universal Credit.

We apply rental charges on a monthly basis on the 1st of each month. You must pay your rent on or before the 1st of each month or you will be in arrears. You can pay your rent weekly, fortnightly or monthly but you must pay in full and on time. 

Your Recent Account Transactions

Login or register to view your recent transactions

Rent Payment Options

You can pay by either:

  • Direct Debit – please contact a member of staff and we will set this up for you
  • Online - You can do this by logging onto My Home login area at the top of the page in the green box 
  • Cash payments can only be made at the Post Office or PayPoint. You will need your Ochil View “swipe card” to do this. Please contact our office to request this card. Find your nearest paypoint.
  • By debit or credit card over the phone to our office between (9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, except bank holidays)

Rent Increases

In accordance with your tenancy agreement we will consult with you on any proposed rent increase and have regard to your opinions before we make our decision. You will be given four weeks’ notice in writing before the beginning of the rental period when the change is to start. We review our rent charges once a year and any changes are made in April.

Difficulty Paying Your Rent

If you have difficulty paying your rent, you should let us know immediately. We can give advice and information that can help you to keep out of debt and we can negotiate an affordable payment plan to catch up on any overdue rent.  

Ochil View’s Tenancy Sustainment Team aims to help our tenants to maximise their income and identify entitlement to benefits. Advice is given on all kinds of benefits including Universal Credit and Housing Benefit.

It is your responsibility to make sure your rent is paid on time and to contact us if you can't pay. If you do not contact us or if you do not keep to agreements that you make, we will take action. This can include legal action to end your tenancy, evict you and recover unpaid rent. If your financial situation is not manageable then we would recommend that you get advice and help. You can get free advice from Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) or the National Debtline.

You can read our Rent Arrears Policy and Rent Policy in Corporate Information section


Related Downloads

Housing Benefit and Universal Credit

Tenants are entitled to Housing Benefit if their income is below the level set by the Department of Work and Pensions. Housing Benefit is currently being phased out, and many new claimants now receive Universal Credit.

If you are already on Housing Benefit, and you need to make a change, you need to contact the Local Authority on one of the links below:

If you have been told that you need to claim Universal Credit, you must do this on-line. If you are making a change then this must also be added to your journal online. The local Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), Job Centre can provide support.

Our Tenancy Sustainment Team can also provide support with any claim or change of circumstances.

It is important to advise us when you are claiming Housing Benefit/Universal Credit Housing Costs or making a change as this could affect the rent you are due to pay.

In some circumstance you may be eligible to apply for help from the Discretionary Housing Payment fund if you have been affected by the spare bedrooms or benefit cap rules. More information can be found on the link to your Local Authority (see above) or by contacting our Tenancy Sustainment Team.