Alterations and Improvements

Should you wish to make alterations or improvements to your home, you must apply for permission before having any work carried out. This does not include internal decoration to the property.

How do I apply?

To apply, email us at or log on to your My Home account. Alternatively, contact us on 01259 722899 

Permissions should be requested if you want to: -

  • Alter, improve or enlarge the house, its fittings or fixtures;
  • Erect a garage, shed or other structure;
  • Decorate the exterior of the property.

What happens next?

Once we receive your request, we have 28 days to consider your request and respond to you.  Before the 28 days have passed, we will either confirm that permission has been granted or advise why the permission cannot be granted.

Please note …

Some works may require a Building Warrant and/or Planning Permission and it is your responsibility to apply for this if necessary and provide a copy to the Association.  If you wish to discuss this, you will need to contact your local council, please see numbers below:

  • Clackmannanshire Council: 01259 450000
  • Fife Council: 03451 551122

You may be entitled to compensation

If you carry out improvements or alterations, you may be entitled to compensation at the end of your tenancy.  Further information can be found on what is included and what you may be entitled to in our Policy below or in your Tenant Handbook.

If you feel you are entitled to compensation for an alteration or improvement you have made you can complete our online form below.

Compensation for Alterations or Improvements Form

Related Documents

Right to Compensation for Improvements Policy

External Links

A Right to Compensation for Improvements is a helpful download from the Scottish Government regarding compensation.