Ochil View Housing Association receive an annual budget from the Scottish Government to allow us to carry out medical adaptations to ensure you can live as safely and independently as possible.

If you are having difficulty managing personal care or doing domestic tasks around the home, we can carry out adaptations or provide equipment to assist you.

  • Minor Adaptations: These are small adjustments such as grabrails, handrails or key-safes.
  • Major Adaptations: These are more complex and expensive adaptations such as fitting a level access shower, adapting a kitchen or fitting a ramp.

How to request an adaptation

If you require a minor adaptation, we may be able to arrange this without a referral from Occupational Therapy.  Please contact us on 01259 722899 or at to discuss your needs.  If an Occupational Therapy assessment is required, we can give you advice and assist you with this process.

If you require a major adaptation, you will need to contact the local authority Occupational Therapy or Social Work department.  They will assess your needs and any adaptations required will be passed on to us.  

Who pays for the work?

The Scottish Government provide the Association with a grant to allow us to carry out adaptations.  Once this funding has been exhausted the Association may fund any outstanding adaptations.

Whilst there are no ongoing charges for minor adaptations, some major adaptations such as hoists and stairlifts require annual maintenance. The service charge for any annual maintenance will be added to your rent.

Related Documents

Adaptations Policy